Friday, October 26, 2012

Homecoming

We spent last weekend in Stillwater, celebrating America's greatest homecoming. This was my 10th year celebrating OSU's homecoming! Can you believe it? We went every year we lived in Stillwater during college and grad. school and for the last four years, we have come back each year and spent the weekend with some dear friends who are always sweet to host us. It's a fun tradition, and I look forward to it every year.

Nathan went with us last year. He was only five months old. This year since he no longer fits in a baby sling and strollers are impossible at Walkaround, we decided to let him stay with Grammy and Papa Joe for the weekend. I missed showing him all the traditions, but it was the best decision. Maybe next year we'll bring him again and Baby Brother too. Now that will be crazy!

Friday afternoon my Master's program had an alumni get together. It was nice to catch up with people I hadn't seen in a long time and brought back so many memories of our crazy life in grad. school. Afterward, we walked over to Matt and Amie's apartment. We ate dinner and then headed to the Walkaround festivities. The House Dec's are always fun to see, but I can tell I'm getting older when I question whether fighting the crowds is worth it



We spent the rest of Friday night and most of Saturday playing games with Matt and Amie. They are probably our favorite couple to play games with, and they always find  really fun ones. We played a couple of new ones with them. Matt and I really liked one of them and we ended up playing it four times on Saturday! I think Matt already put it on his Christmas list :). We also squeezed in a game of Settlers and managed to catch some of the OSU vs. Iowa State game. We also had a great time visiting with Matt and Amie. We're both expecting baby boys this Spring, so it was fun to chat about pregnancy and baby things. It was nice to get a little break from Nathan too and just have some uninterrupted adult time to visit and play games. We always have a great time in Stillwater and are looking forward to next year's Homecoming!

No comments: