Monday, May 28, 2012

Last Day

Last Thursday was Nathan's last day of WEE ministry for the year. He attended the program two days a week during the school year, and the schedule worked out great for us. His teachers were wonderful. They are both grandmas and both worked there because they love little ones. He was in great hands each week.
Having him enrolled added structure and a schedule to our week which I really liked. It also added some variety so we didn't get stuck in a rut doing the same thing everyday. Both Nathan and I need that.
It gave me a chance to work and remain professionally active in my career but still be able to feel like I am a stay at home mom. I also had a built in defined time each week to schedule appointments or run errands that weren't baby friendly, and it gave Nathan a chance to get some social interaction with other adults and children. I think all kids need that.

It was the perfect situation for us. I know every family is different and everyone has different opinions about working/stay at home moms and childcare programs, but for my little family, this was ideal for us. I wouldn't change anything about the schedule we had this year.
Nathan changed so much throughout the year. He really is a completely different child. I remember when I'd carry him into school in his car seat and he'd sit and play in a bouncy seat or on a blanket on the floor. Now he walks/runs everywhere and is never still. I think the teachers in 1A need a pay raise as the year goes on. They must be exhausted by the end of the day.



I can't believe how much he has changed in just nine short months. Being his mom is the best thing, and being home with him during the day is something I will never take for granted, but I do look forward to the short breaks of quiet and the chance to do something besides mommying for a few hours each week.

No comments: