Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break. Even though Nathan isn't in school yet, the break did affect our schedule. Many of our activities for the week were canceled. And since my poor husband is working major amounts of overtime right now on a project with a looming deadline, I thought it would be fun for Nathan and I to take a little visit to Weatherford. We hadn't been back to Weatherford since Christmas, and our schedule doesn't look promising to make it anytime again before Nathan's birthday and our vacation, so I thought it was a good time to go. Nathan and I both had a really good time. We stayed for two days and got to visit lots of family while we were in town.

Granny and Grandaddy were cooking two funeral dinners at the church on Wednesday when we made it into town, so we stopped there first. Granny had lots of fun showing Nathan off to all her friends at the church. She carried him all around introducing him to people. She did the same thing when we were in town for church when Nathan was just a few weeks old. They would all comment on how cute Nathan was, and Granny would say, "Well, I've been telling you that."

We spent a lot of time playing cards. Nathan is learning to play Skipbo early in life :).
We also got a chance to go and visit Momoo and Matt's parents while we were in town. And Granny was sweet enough to invite everyone over for supper on Thursday night. Nathan helped her with the cooking.

Nathan's favorite thing was playing with Grandaddy. Those two played and played. Nathan loved going on walks outside with Grandaddy looking at the birds and the flowers. That kid LOVES being outside. He had a fit on Friday morning when Grandaddy went outside without him. I took him out to Grandaddy and he about jumped out of my arms trying to get to him.

They played at the door a lot too. I'm sure Nathan being there brought back many memories for my grandparents of my brother and me when we were little, including cleaning lots of little fingerprints off the door.

Nathan wasn't the only one who was spoiled though. My sweet grandmas continue to spoil me even as an adult. Momoo made my favorite chocolate cake for me when she heard I was coming to town, and Granny made one of my favorite meals while I was there. Nathan and I had a special visit.  It was a great way to spend our Spring Break!

No comments: