This Fall, we have been incredibly busy on the weekends. Prior to this weekend we were either out of town or had company staying with us the last 6 out of 7 weekends. Our September and October were just jam packed. We had so much fun on our little weekend adventures and thankful for family and friends who want to come visit and spend time with us, but Matt and I were ready for life to slow down a little bit, and were looking forward to a November calendar that outside of football games and Thanksgiving was pretty much empty. We enjoyed our mostly free weekend this past weekend, and although we still filled it with several things we were able to relax a little more and just enjoy being at home.
On Friday night, Matt and I went out on a date. We were way overdue for a date night (like two months overdue), and I was dying for one. With all our crazy weekends combined with my mom not feeling well for a few weeks, we could never find a free night to go out, so we were both looking forward to some time just the two of us. We decided to go bowling and had a great time. We hadn't been bowling in over a year, and we had missed it. We bowled two games and then went out to dinner before picking up Nathan and heading home.
Saturday morning we ran to the mall to pick up a few things and have some family pictures taken. We invested in a nice camera before Nathan was born and Matt has taken some great photos of him over the last six months, but we needed some pictures where Matt wasn't behind the camera. They turned out really cute and we now have something to replace the wedding pictures on our wall (after 5 1/2 years of marriage, I think it's time to update those pictures).
That afternoon, Nathan napped, Matt changed the oil in the car, and I ran a few errands and prepared some snacks for the OSU vs. Kansas State game that evening. Our friends, Jason and Andrea and Chloe and Matt and Erica and her sister and nephew joined us to watch the game. We had fun watching the babies play during commercials.
It was a crazy game, but thankfully, OSU came away with a win and that's all that matters. I really can't believe we are three wins away from a trip to the national championship. I love my Cowboys but never dreamed we would be this close! I put Nathan to bed at halftime, and it's a good thing because that 4th quarter was crazy, and I'm sure all my jumping up and down and screaming wouldn't have been good for him :).
Sunday morning we went to church and then came home and had a lazy afternoon at home. That evening we went to a connection group with our Sunday school class. It was a fun evening of food, fellowship, and plenty of baby cuddles.
I love weekends spent with my little family!
Monday, November 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment