Sunday, July 10, 2011

Our Weekend

We had a fun and busy weekend. It seems like this summer, our weekends have been full and really fun. I think having a baby makes them seem busier than they really are. It seems like I go to bed exhausted on Sunday nights and need all day Monday to recover and get the house and everything back in order.

Our Friday night was pretty low key. We had dinner, went on a walk/jog, and then came home and watched Kung Fu Panda. We saw the sequel a few weeks ago, and it made me want to watch the original again.

Saturday morning, Nathan and I went to a baby shower for our good friend Mindy. She and her husband are moving next weekend, so the shower was a little bittersweet. We are really going to miss them. Thankfully they are moving to a town just outside of Weatherford, so whenever we go to visit family in Weatherford, we will get to see them too. Their little one is due in September, and the gender is a surprise.

There were lots of little ones at the shower. I caught a picture of a few of them. Thankfully there were also lots of willing arms to hold the babies.

Mindy and Brandon have become such sweet friends to us this year. It has been a blessing to get to know them and spend time with them. We laugh so much when we are around them. We're praying we can stay close and our babies will become great friends.
I noticed that Mindy's niece Brayleigh snuck into the picture. Watching them together at the shower was so cute. It got me really excited for baby Amelia to get here. I'm ready to have a sweet niece to spoil!

After the shower, Nathan and I ran home to meet Matt and my parents and headed to a picnic/open house at Matt's work. FlightSafety recently built a brand new HUGE building that we got to see for the first time.

It was such a fun picnic. They had great food and tons of games and inflatables for the kids. I hope they continue to do it every year. Nathan will have a blast in a few years. They also had popcorn, cotton candy and snow cone stands. Matt got to show Nathan off to several of his coworkers and we toured the new building. Man, it is big! We were walking upstairs and I think all of us except Matt (who was holding the map) thought we had walked the entire length of the building. Turns out we weren't even half way through it. Matt's going to get his exercise walking around there.


After the picnic, we all three came home and rested. We took a little family nap. Then I fed Nathan and we ran to the mall to pick up a few things. It was Nathan's first trip to the mall. I hope he liked it, because I'm sure we will make lots of trips there in the future. We grabbed some pizza at the food court and stopped for frozen custard on the way home. We came home, went for a long walk with Rhapsody and called it a night. I was tired from the busy day.

Sunday after church, Nathan and I took a Sunday afternoon nap. That evening my parents invited us over for dinner. Barry has a new smoker he wanted to try out. We told him he can experiment with new recipes anytime he wants with us. We ate, visited, played with Nathan and played a game of rook.

Weekends are a lot more fun this summer having Matt in town instead of in Florida and having another special somebody to spend them with.

No comments: