Saturday Laura, my college roommate and her husband Steve stopped by to visit for a couple of hours and to meet Nathan. They live in Colorado and I don't get to see them near as much as I would like. They were in town visiting family for the long weekend, and it was so great to see them and catch up on everything that is going on in our lives. They are one of my favorite couples ever.


Steve and Laura are naturals with babies. Nathan loved all the attention he got. We have to get up to Colorado sometime soon to see them again. I never realize how much I miss my friends who live out of state until we get the chance to catch up.That afternoon after I fed Nathan, I asked Matt what he wanted to do the rest of the day, and he said he wanted to go on a date to see the new X-men movie. My mom was free to babysit even on the short notice, so we got a little time alone that evening. We are thankful for date nights and that my parents are so willing to babysit. We're both glad they live so much closer now. The movie was really good. It exceeded both our expectations. Matt's not normally a fan of prequels, but this one was really well done. We just came home and ate a quiet dinner at home and then picked up Nathan.
Sunday morning, we went to church and that afternoon my grandparents came into town to celebrate the 4th with us and love on baby Nathan.
That evening we all went over to my parent's house for dinner. They prepared a feast for us of steak, baked potato, salad, corn, and bread. I was so stuffed. Look at the size of Matt's steak. For once he didn't eat it all. It was just too big for him.
After dinner we visited for a little while and then came back to our house. Granny and Grandaddy babysat for us so we could go watch fireworks with our friends Brandon and Mindy. I remember asking my grandparents when they got to our house that afternoon if they wanted to watch fireworks with us or babysit. I think it was an easy decision for them :).
We had a lot of fun watching the fireworks and visiting with Brandon and Mindy. They are moving in a couple of weeks, and we are going to miss them so much. The weather was so nice too. It was such a fun night.
Sunday night also marked Nathan's milestone of sleeping all night for the first time. He stirred a little bit around 6:00 on Monday morning. I rocked him for just a minute and told him that he had to sleep until 7:00 to count as sleeping all night. He must have understood me because he fell right back asleep for another hour. I got up Monday morning and told Granny they were moving in with us, because whatever they did on Sunday night while they babysat must have worked :).Monday afternoon my parents fixed everyone lunch. We had hamburgers, hotdogs, chips and baked beans. It was perfect food for the holiday. After lunch Mom, Barry, Matt, Granny and I played three games of Settlers. It was Granny's first time to play and she did really well.
While we played, we caught Grandaddy and Nathan doing this:
My mom made everyone strawberry milkshakes for dessert. We ate way too much that weekend.
For dinner, everyone came back to my house and I made chicken spaghetti and this festive dessert.
Monday night was pretty low key. We just visited and watched fireworks on TV. Nathan slept all night again! Tuesday morning my grandparents got in a few last cuddles with Nathan and then headed home. Poor Nathan is having to readjust to not being held all day, and I'm missing the help I had. Hopefully we will get to see Granny and Grandaddy again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment