Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break

Spring Break was last week for me, and although I did nothing really exciting or special, I still wanted to blog about my week. It was a good mix of productivity and relaxing. Honestly I probably wanted to be a little more productive, but this whole being 8 months pregnant thing gets in the way sometimes, and Spring Break gave me a chance to relax some without feeling guilty. I got several things crossed off my list.

Some of the productive things I got done over Spring Break:

I did work some. I saw a few clients and got caught up on some paperwork. In all I probably worked about 3 half days during the week.

I called our insurance companies to get a good idea on how much money it will cost us to have this baby. We’ve been blessed with great health insurance and should have very few out of pocket expenses for his birth. I also called and scheduled doctor’s appointments. Matt and I both need yearly physicals for his insurance, and I also set up a consultation with a pediatrician. I felt like I spent all morning on the phone that day.

I pre-registered for our hospital stay- we're getting close!

I cleaned out our kitchen cabinets- Turns out having a baby means lots of changes. Nathan needs some cabinet space in our kitchen for bottles and bibs and eventually baby spoons, bowls, baby food, sippy cups etc. Our house suddenly shrunk when we found out we were having a baby.

I ironed Nathan’s crib skirt and made his bed. I was getting antsy and instead of waiting to see if we got a mattress pad at my next shower, I went ahead and bought one so I could finish his crib. I washed his bedding, tied on his bumpers, and he now has a place to sleep whenever he gets here.

And I cleaned house. This is when I really noticed running out of energy much more quickly than normal. After just a couple of hours I was wiped out. Thankfully, Matt is willing to help out if I ask him. I think I will be taking him up on that offer soon.

I also went shopping and worked on a couple of other projects for Nathan’s room

I was glad I got several things crossed off my to do list, although it seems I add new things to that list every day. I also had time to fit in several fun things over Spring Break too.

Matt and I went out to lunch for a quick date. He took Wednesday afternoon off because he was leaving for Florida the next day, and I told him we should go out to eat. Then I told him I wanted to eat at Chick Fil A and he laughed at me. Apparently, he was expecting me to suggest a restaurant that wasn’t a fast food place. He was probably pleasantly surprised. We also did a little shopping, and watched a couple of movies during the week before he left.

We went out to eat with my parents and spent some time with them.

I went to baby shower for one of Nathan’s future friends. Annie is due about two weeks before I am, so they will be really close in age. I hope they will be nice to each other in the church nursery :)

I spent most of the weekend with my parents since Matt left for Florida near the end of the week of Spring Break. They fed me dinner Friday night and my mom and I watched girly movies. On Saturday, we spent the day shopping. It was a lot of fun. We got fabric for curtains for the nursery and some baskets for his room, found the sweetest outfit to bring Nathan (and hopefully our future babies too, if Matt is okay with it) home from the hospital and a few other sweet things for him, and picked up a few practical things. My mom also treated me to a pedicure since reaching my toenails to paint them is increasingly difficult. It was a full day, but I was glad to be busy. Weekends are especially hard when Matt is away, but Saturday turned out to be a really great day! We actually also finished up a little shopping on Sunday too and went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants.

It was a little rough getting back into a structured routine this week. I enjoyed having extra time at home last week, and I'm thankful for a job that allows me that flexibility.

No comments: