Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Trimming the Tree

Sunday night Matt and I decorated our Christmas tree. He turned on Christmas music (Trans-Siberian Orchestra), I whipped up some hot cocoa and we got to work. Decorating the tree together is a really special time for us. So many of our ornaments are just bursting with memories and special significance from our childhood and our relationship to some of the best times in our lives. We spent the evening reminiscing and enjoying each other. We got a few new ornaments this year that I wanted to share.

We picked these up when we were in Disney World last May:

One of our traditions is to try and get an ornament during every vacation we take. We had fun shopping for these at the Christmas themed gift shops at the park.

We picked this up when I visited Matt in Florida in July. It was a mini vacation for us, and we wanted to document the vacation with a Christmas ornament:
These two ornaments came from a recent ornament exchange with our Sunday school class:

We just love our Sunday school class and all the couples in it, and I always have the best time at our Christmas parties. This year we ate delicious food surrounded by great company, played Dirty Santa for the ornament exchange, shared about our Christmas traditions, sang Christmas carols, and spent time in prayer. It was a really fun night, and we have new ornaments to document the memories with the couples in our class.

And here's the finished product:


I have one more new ornament to hang this year, but it's not quite ready for the tree. I'll be hanging it next week, and I'll be sure to share when it's finished.

No comments: