Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Came Early

The past few years instead of exchanging Christmas gifts with each other, Matt and I have splurged and made a big purchase together that we can both enjoy. In the past we've bought a wii, a glass storm door and a laptop. This year we had tossed around the idea of getting new living room furniture, specifically a new entertainment center and coffee and end tables. (Somehow, our gifts keep going up in price). Matt's stipulation was that new furniture required a new TV. The same stipulation applied when we bought new bedroom furniture a couple of years ago. I think we have a pattern going, but I'll always give in if it means he'll go furniture shopping with me :).


We spent awhile looking earlier this Fall and then everything got busy and we put the buying on hold. We finally had some time a couple of Saturdays ago to go back to the furniture store and order the furniture, and it came in last weekend. We weren't expecting it until after the new year but were pleasantly surprised, and with some help from our friends we got it moved and situated last weekend.


Our previous entertainment center had been a Walmart special that we bought 5 years ago, and our coffee and end tables were hand me downs from my parents, so I was excited to have all new matching furniture for the living room. And I do have to admit that the big TV is pretty nice. We still exchange small gifts with each other at Christmas, but this is definitely our big present to each other.

No comments: