Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Great Weekend

I realize that I'm a little behind about posting about last weekend, but it was another nice weekend that I want to be sure and remember. Sometimes I play a get to know you game with my kids at school and one question that we answer while we're playing asks us to describe the perfect weekend. This last weekend pretty much sums up what I usually say when I answer that question. Obviously, relaxing on the beach in Hawaii would be a more perfect weekend or watching OSU beat OU or Texas in football would probably be better, but for a typical weekend that we stay at home, this one was pretty close to perfect.

Friday night I cooked a yummy dinner that Matt and I enjoyed and then we took Rhapsody for a long walk around our neighborhood and just chatted (mainly about our vacation coming up). We just relaxed at home the rest of the night.

Saturday morning, Matt woke me up early because we needed to take our car to the dealership to get the oil changed. Since I had to get up early on a Saturday, after we dropped the car off, I made him take me to breakfast. We went to Mimi's cafe for breakfast, and it was delicious. We had never been there before, but we will be going back. We usually don't eat out at breakfast unless my parents are in town, so it was a nice treat. After breakfast we came home and spent a couple of hours cleaning house. Matt helped me which made it go much faster. I can't say that I like cleaning house, but oh how I enjoy the day once it is sparkling clean. After housecleaning, we picked up our car, and then I came home and Rhapsody and I went on a jog. The weather was so nice. There was a light cool breeze and the temperature was pretty cool, which was enjoyable.

That afternoon, Matt and I went to the theater to watch Iron Man 2. It was a pretty good movie. I'm usually a fan of comic book movies, so this one didn't disappoint. After the movie, we ran home and grabbed a quick dinner and then picked our friends Jason and Andrea up and headed over the Matt and Erica's. We all went to play putt putt, and again we had so much fun. The weather was beautiful and the course wasn't near as crowded as the time we went before. The best part of the night was that Erica and I tied for first place! Matt better watch out, I'm coming after his record :).

After putt putt, we got sno cones and sat in the bed of Matt's truck and visited. It was opening day for the sno cone shack, and although the weather was a little cool, I thoroughly enjoyed my first sno cone of the season. We sat for awhile and just visited outside about plans we have for the summer and about our high school days since there were like a million high schoolers hanging out in the parking lot. Then we all started yawning and called it a night about 10:00. Yes, we are definitely getting old.

Sunday after church, I came home and rested for awhile and then Rhapsody and I went for another jog. That night after dinner, we went over to the Krebs and played a couple of games of Settlers. Matt was glad they called and invited us, because he was thinking he was going to have to wait 3 weeks to play again. Luckily, they saved the day.

As good as this last weekend was, I'm expecting the coming one to be even better since we'll be spending it in Disney World!

No comments: