Rhapsody got to go with us, and this was her first long car trip. She did amazing in the car. Once we got on the interstate she settled down and did this for the rest of the car ride:
We got to Iowa Friday late afternoon and had dinner out at a nice restaurant in Iowa City. Then we introduced Jeremy and Anna to Settlers of Catan and played that for the rest of the night. (I think we have a good idea of what they might be getting for Christmas). Anna beat all of us at her first time playing.
The next morning we went to breakfast and then browsed around a local farmer's market. Afterwards we went out to an apple orchard and bought some apples and had some delicious apple turnovers. Seriously, the best I've ever had.
Rhapsody and Cash played really well together and seemed to get along great. The last time they were together was Rhapsody's first visit to my parent's house. That combined with the excitement and busyness of Christmas which made Cash pretty nervous meant that they didn't really get a chance to play together. This time was much different.
After our morning at the apple orchard, we went back to Jeremy and Anna's apartment for the afternoon. My brother got the new Beatles Rock Band, so we played that for awhile, and Matt and I watched part of the OSU vs. Houston game (still trying to block that part out of my memory). Anna and my mom made us some yummy apple chili for dinner, and then it was back to the Island of Catan for more game play. I think we played four games that weekend. Who can guess what we'll be doing when we're all together at Christmas again?
Rocking Out
Sunday morning, we met up for brunch at this fabulous restaurant overlooking the river. Afterwards, we started the long drive back to Oklahoma. We had a really fun weekend hanging out with Jeremy and Anna. I wished they lived closer so we could see them more. I spent part of the weekend trying to convince Anna she should get a job at TU or OSU when she graduates :).
No comments:
Post a Comment