Sunday, September 6, 2009

Go POKES!

We had a great day in Stillwater on Saturday watching the OSU Cowboys defeat the Georgia Bulldogs. I was pretty nervous at the end of the first quarter, when Georgia appeared to have no problem getting past our defense and also had no problem stopping our offense, but my Cowboys pulled through, thanks to our defense (yes, it appears we actually have a defense this year), with a solid 24-10 win. Before we left, we heard a sports caster say that this game would determine whether the cowboys were national contenders or pretenders. Look out BCS, here we come!!! It was the most exciting victory I had seen live for OSU. Matt still said that OSU's victory over OU in 2002 was bigger, but I didn't get to be at that game. Hopefully this won't be the most exciting home game this season. I have never seen the Cowboys beat Texas ever. Maybe this is the year.
We headed to Stillwater early that day to tailgate with some great friends before the game.
Love these girls!

Here's a look at our gigantic tickets. They wouldn't fit in Matt's wallet. I'm glad the rest of the tickets are normal size.

Our seats are not the greatest (we're in the corner of the end zone), but we would rather be there than at home watching the game. Nothing beats being surrounded by 50,000 of your closest friends, dressed in orange and cheering at the top of their lungs for the Cowboys


Coming out of the new tunnel. This is where I started to get nervous.




Kicking the PAT after we scored our last touchdown. The only touchdown scored on our end of the field.


Celebrating and getting ready to sing the Alma Mater


This was my first OSU home game as a non-student. Matt had graduated before the 2008 season, but since I was still a student, we were both able to get student tickets. This was the first season where we didn't have student tickets. This change brought with it a few firsts.


1. We didn't have to get to the game an hour and a half before it started to make sure we had decent seats.
2. We yelled Power instead of Orange since we were on the other side of the stadium
3. We actually got to see the band members' faces instead of the backs of their heads during the half-time performance
4. We sat down a couple of times during the game.
5. We weren't involved in the debate of "Do we stand on the bleachers in front of us or behind us?"
6. We entered the stadium on the south side for the first time.
7. I didn't dread the end of the game because it meant I had to go back and do homework or work on my creative component
8. No one asked to see our student ID

A lot didn't change though with our new status. We still paid an outrageous price for a bottle of water, we waved the wheat, thought the Cowboys were going to choke a few times during the game, sang the alma mater at the beginning and end of the game, sang along to the fight songs, and were hot, sunburned, and had lost our voices when we left the stadium. We couldn't have asked for a better Saturday and are looking forward to the rest of the season!






No comments: