Thursday, August 13, 2009

23 Days!



I looked at the calendar today and realized that football season is just a short 23 days away. Rhapsody and I got super excited and decided to start getting ready early.

I love my OSU Cowboys and I always will, but let's face it as OSU fans, most seasons we're usually left frustrated, discouraged, and disappointed, saying "Well, there's always next year". (We used to say, "There's always basketball season," but that's changed recently.) Anyway, this season is the best chance we've had in a long time to make a real national showing. With Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant, and Kendall Hunter all returning along with an amazing schedule including 8 home games, an incredible home opener against Georgia and only one really difficult road game, this could be our year. Matt says we're ranked 11th right now in the polls. I can't remember a time we've been ranked that high, especially not in a preseason poll. My freshman year at OSU I think we were ranked 12 or 14 before the Bedlam game, but after that loss and more importantly the loss of Les Miles, being ranked 11th is a dream come true for OSU fans. A win over Georgia could very well mean a place in the top ten after the first week of the season.

I love football season and am pumped that we have season tickets (thank you OSU for discounts for recent graduates). We don't make it back to Stillwater very often these days, so football season also means a chance to see and visit friends in Stillwater as well as tailgating, great football games, and all the traditions surrounding it. And road games mean having friends over to watch the games and making lots of snacks to enjoy as we cheer for the Cowboys. We're hoping for a great year.

Rhapsody is really excited because this is her first full football season. I know she would love a chance to go tailgating (lots of people and lots of food, that might even beat the dog park), but I'm not sure logistically it will work to take her to Stillwater for any of the games. But don't worry, she'll be cheering on the cowboys from Broken Arrow.

No comments: