Monday, March 31, 2025

March Happenings

 Life is so full and busy in this season of life, and I'm soaking up all the Springtime fun!


Katherine's sweet friend Noelle was home from college for Spring Break, and she had to see her. Noelle is so sweet to take the time to visit with her whenever she's in town. 

For Samuel's birthday this year, he asked for a room makeover which involved painting his walls. That meant that the tree Matt painted for his nursery (he painted it twice because we moved when Sam was a baby), was going to get covered up by a fresh coat of paint. We had to document it before it was gone. 
Matt and I always joke that we picked the perfect kid to do a forest theme for his nursery. He's definitely our outdoors kid. I can't complain or be too sad to say goodbye to the tree. It did last for 12 years!

Our March Keepers of the Faith meeting was learning first aid. The girls practiced how to handle different emergencies and made a first aid kit as their homework. 



I catch this girl reading all the time, and I love it! She has grown so much academically this year. It's a joy to watch her grow and learn. 
We finished The Bark of the Bog Owl in book club (a retelling of David and Goliath), so of course we needed slingshots for our end of book game day. 
Elisabeth asked to host an end of season party for her basketball team, and I can never say no to hosting a good party. She planned all the food and tried to fit the basketball theme as much as possible. 




We ordered pizza for dinner, and Elisabeth planned several games- a ball toss, a few word games, and a "what's in the basketball bag" game. 


She made some good friends this year. We're all hoping they'll get to play together next year again. NOAH basketball was a wonderful experience for our family this year. 
These kids pulled out the kinetic sand one morning and headed into baking challenge mode. 
They're getting to be pretty good sand bakers. 
Is there anything cuter than a sleeping puppy???
The middle schoolers spent an afternoon playing pickleball. It was a beautiful afternoon. The boys had a great time. 
With the warmer temps, the kids have been playing outside more often. 


A friendly wiffle ball game with a side of history :)

Homeschool doesn't get any better than this. There are so many things I love about homeschooling my kids, but reading outside to them as they play all together probably tops the list. 
Elisabeth researched and presented on the Oregon Trail for her history class. She worked really hard. Presentations are her favorite part of any class. 




Katherine started her third soccer season with Alimghty, and she ended up with the best coach this year- her dad! They're going to have a great season together. I love watching my sweet, kind Katherine turn into an aggressive, competitive girl on the field. 

She was ready for her first practice!



No comments: