Saturday, February 22, 2025

Turning 40!

 My birthday was a big one this year as I entered into a new decade. My family was very sweet to make me feel very loved. 


I woke up on my birthday to breakfast in bed made by Katherine accompanied by handmade cards.

Elisabeth baked some s'mores cupcakes to celebrate with pizza Matt brought home for dinner that evening. 

I also had a white birthday with bitterly cold temps. 

On the Friday after my birthday, Matt threw me the sweetest birthday dinner with friends. He and the kids even decorated with this huge balloon garland. That's true love, ha!

He also cleaned the house for me, invited all my friends, ordered and cleaned up dinner and set up tables, so we could all sit next to each other at dinner. 
It was such a special night surrounded by so many dear women. It's rare to have friends from so many different circles all together. There were friends from college, friendships that span more than a decade, friends from previous churches, neighbors, and many friends from our homeschool group. Gosh, it was such a beautiful night. We ate delicious Mexican food and chatted for hours. The perfect night!
I told some of the friends that night, how a few years ago, Matt started looking for job out of state, and I remember being like, "Let's go. I don't even feel that connected in Broken Arrow." But now, just a few years later, I'd be heartbroken to leave this community and the many, many relationships that have been strengthened or built in the last few years. 
These ladies are beautiful blessings in my life, and I felt so loved by all of them that evening. 

Matt even ordered my favorite cake to celebrate. 





If my first week in my forties is any indication of how the decade will be, then I can't wait for it. 

I left that night extremely grateful for a husband who serves and sacrifices, children who celebrate me, and dear friends to talk through each milestone with. What a wonderful life I've been given.


No comments: