Wednesday, January 15, 2025

Meet Bella

 Around Christmas time, after watching Samuel swoon over any dog he met, I began thinking that maybe it was time to get a puppy. I braved the subject with Matt, ironically in the same conversation about replacing our carpet ;). I explained how the kids were much older and able to care for a dog, how we're home most of the day since we homeschool, and emphasized how much I wanted the kids (especially Samuel) to experience having a dog in their childhood. I was shocked when Matt agreed and gave me the go ahead to look for a puppy. He specified that it had to be a Westie. I immediately started searching before he could change his mind and quickly found a sweet breeder with puppies available. 


We were all so excited! The kids and I spent a morning shopping for all the puppy essentials. 

A couple of days later, we got to meet our sweet Bella. Katherine came up with her name, and everyone agreed. It fits her perfectly. 


We brought her home, and all the neighbors flooded over to meet her. 







Such a tiny little baby!


She slept so well the first night at home. 
One of the stipulations of getting Bella was that we needed to rehome Honey. We were able to give her to a friend, and she's living her best life at their house. Samuel and Katherine were a little sad, but a cute puppy cheered them up quickly. I don't miss the smelly cage in our office either. 
Bella has been the perfect addition to our family. We're all smitten with her. I'll like her even more once she's house trained. 











No comments: