Sunday, November 3, 2024

Halloween 2024

 Halloween was a fun event for the Baugher kids this year. The kids were invited by another family to dress as Jurassic World characters. Katherine was Claire, her friend Kaden was Owen, and the older siblings were inflatable dinosaurs. The kids posed one day to make sure they were ready for the big day. 



The kids dressed up in their costumes for co-op. It was pretty hilarious looking in my back seat and seeing giant dinosaurs. 

We took some pictures that morning before classes started. 
I helped in Elisabeth's astronomy class that morning too. The kids were doing egg drop challenges. Elisabeth brought a back up costume, since an inflatable dinosaur costume isn't very conducive to sitting through classes. 

Evelyn was sweet with Dino Nathan. 
The kid got to go upstairs for their egg drop challenges. They were so excited. 
Elisabeth gave her history presentation on the East India Trading Company in her costume, ha! She did a great job on her presentation. She researched and prepared well. We both learned a lot preparing for it!


During the last period of the day, I caught Nathan dressed as a dinosaur playing with all the younger kids. He would use his mouth to take off their hats. It was hilarious and also the most precious thing. Don't come at me with the homeschoolers are unsocialized argument after watching him interact so well with kids of all ages. 

After co-op, we picked up Matt, grabbed some takeout and headed over to the Shondelmyers for our annual Halloween tradition. 

I can't believe this is our eighth year celebrating together. 

These two coordinated their costumes. 




I'll always remember our very first year trick or treating together. Katherine was a newborn, Elisabeth and the twins were three years old, and Corey had to run home and grab his truck after we trick or treated on just a few streets, because the kids were melting down. We've come a long way. This year was especially monumental, because all the adults stayed back at the house, visited, and handed out candy by the fire. What?!?!? We have arrived. 
Elisabeth and Kaydence were given strict boundaries and a phone to track them, and Nathan, Samuel, Keaton and Katherine went on their own too. Brooke and I had always talked about the day when they'd be big enough to trick or treat on their own. I can't believe it happened so fast, but I'm so thankful for dear friends to experience every stage of parenting with. 
The kids came home and swapped candy. We caught these two outside snacking and chatting. They're the cutest!
It was another fabulous Halloween!


No comments: