The boys spent the last week of July at Camp Siloam with our church. They had both been previously and were very excited for the week. Nathan really likes the drama that the camp does each day, and Samuel loves all the activities especially the bottle rocket competition.
While they were off living their best camp life, the girls and I took advantage of our girls' week.
On Monday after we dropped off the boys at camp, we headed to the nail salon for some pampering. Manicures and pedicures for everyone!
The girls have both matured and have a longer stamina to sit while they nails are getting done and drying.
They turned out really cute. It was the perfect activity for our first girls' day.
We came home and snuggled up to watch the Barbie Dreamhouse Design Challenge.
We also watched A Cinderella Story on Monday night. All the girly movies and shows! We made a list before the boys left.
The girls also wanted to have some play dates with all girl families, since it was easier with the boys gone. Kamryn and Addisyn spent Tuesday afternoon with us.
We watched another movie on Tuesday night- The Lizzie Mcguire Movie, and the soundtrack was continually playing all week long.
We watched another movie on Tuesday night- The Lizzie Mcguire Movie, and the soundtrack was continually playing all week long.
We did some shopping for new clothes and school supplies and ate lunch together after our shopping trip.
Katherine is in love with this new jumpsuit she found.
On Thursday, Samuel built our church's bottle rocket for the annual competition.
Usually, I'd be worried when I'm getting texts from camp at 10:00 at night, but these texts were the best. Samuel's rocket won the competition and set a record for the entire summer of camp! So cool! I'm proud of Samuel and excited for him to get a moment in the spotlight. He is a shy kid and always content to stay in the background, and I'm just so happy for him that he used his brain and talents to win this for the church.
Katherine is in love with this new jumpsuit she found.
They also had another playdate with Kamryn and Addisyn at their house on Wednesday.
Meanwhile the boys were having a blast at camp. I received a few pictures from sweet friends who were sponsors.
Apparently, Samuel ate three bowls of Fruit Loops for lunch one day, ha!
Usually, I'd be worried when I'm getting texts from camp at 10:00 at night, but these texts were the best. Samuel's rocket won the competition and set a record for the entire summer of camp! So cool! I'm proud of Samuel and excited for him to get a moment in the spotlight. He is a shy kid and always content to stay in the background, and I'm just so happy for him that he used his brain and talents to win this for the church.
We also found out on Friday, that FBCBA won the church of the week, and Samuel's first place trophy helped them earn it. Just so cool!
Samuel doesn't give up smiles easily, so I almost teared up when a friend sent me this picture of him with that giant, genuine smile.
He even got to go up on stage and receive the trophy in front of the whole camp at the closing ceremony on Friday morning.
Although we thoroughly enjoyed our girls' week, by Friday we were missing our boys. The girls made a welcome home sign to welcome them back.
Love, love, love these girls. Having daughters brings such joy to my life. Nothing compares to having our boys home.
Having all my babies back together is the best feeling!
Samuel showing off the fruits of his labor. I know that week at camp will be a memory he keeps with him forever.
The boys are also so sweet to use their spending money from camp to buy treats for their sisters. Samuel bought them both frisbees, and Nathan bought Katherine a stuffed dog, and Elisabeth some candy.
It was a great week for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment