Tuesday, May 3, 2022

April Happenings

There were a lot of things going on around here in April.

The first Saturday of the month, we celebrated Kamryn's birthday. The kids spent the morning at Sky Zone and then went out to a movie together. 


The kids practiced all their tricks on the trampolines and equipment.






Elisabeth has been working hard on her back handspring. She's making progress!


The next weekend we had fun in Edmond. We rented the gym again with our friends and had a fantastic day! The kids played in the gym while the adults played board games. We breaked for lunch and dinner and had fun fellowshipping with some of our favorite friends! We can't wait to do it again. It's the perfect set up!





We spent the night with the Segrests and had a cousin day at Frontier City on Sunday. We have to get plenty of use out of our season passes. 

Nathan was feeling a little under the weather for a day or two, and Sweet Elisabeth made him the most thoughtful gift. She made a container wiht affirmations and sweet notes and told him to open one every day. 
We met some friends at a fun coffee shop/playground after gymnastics one week, and the boys engineered this crazy ball drop.





Katherine asked to video her Bible story that she learned in Sunday school. She didn't have enough popsicle sticks for all the ten men, but she made do, and it was adorable. I sent it to her teachers to thank them for pouring God's truth into her heart. 



The girls received their dance costumes and got to perform their recital dance for the parents. Recital season is a favorite for our family (at least the girls in the family). The girls are counting down the days to their dance on the big stage. 









We celebrated Emmanuel's fourth birthday with a picnic in the "forest" behind the neighbors' home. My kids love to play there. We had perfect weather and such a fun time celebrating our friend. 




I mentioned to Elisabeth one night that when I was a kid, I liked to sleep in my closet, and ever since then she's been sleeping in hers at night. 

These boys (and their big brothers) had a sleepover at our house this month too. They have such similar personalities. Love them!

I always have to capture a rare nap photo for this Sleeping Beauty (and her dad next to her).
We've met some new friends at gymnastics, and they invited us over to their house to play after class. Katherine couldn't believe Xander had a drum set in his room. She was rocking out!

Katherine received some Easter money in the mail, and so of course we took a trip to Dollar Tree. She insisted on checking out by herself and giving the clerk her money. 
We're trying out a new hobby this Spring after some fun science projects involving growing plants. I bought a vertical planter, and we spent an afternoon planting herbs, vegetables, strawberries and flowers. We'll see if we can keep everything alive!

I certainly have plenty of help!




Elisabeth received an Aspire for Greatness award at our co-op for showing a servant's heart. We've struggled with some grumpy attitudes from her at home in the last few weeks, so this positive recognition was something we all needed. She can be the best, most thoughtful helper most of the time!





The boys have had state testing this month, which means Elisabeth and I have been doing schoolwork in the car while they're taking their tests. I videoed her reading during one of our lessons. I'm so proud of her progress. Teaching her to read has been equal parts joy and struggle. I sure love seeing her skills and confidence growing.



I have no idea what's going on in this picture, but it was too cute to not include!


Katherine has been enjoying gymnastics this year, and she is fearless. She yelled, "Hey Coach Ryan, watch this" and then did this-




We ended the month attending our neighbors' Spring Concert at their church and then an after party at their house. 

They started practicing a whole show/play for us about looking for hidden treasure and skeletons and I don't know what else, but their creativity is shining!


 
April flew by, and we are looking forward to the fun and craziness May always brings. 

No comments: