Monday, March 22, 2021

Spring Break in Dallas

For Spring Break this year, we took a quick trip to Dallas to take the kids to Six Flags over Texas. We left early Wednesday morning and drove straight to the park. We got there about 12:30 and started riding rides. 

I finally got to introduce Nathan to one of my very favorite rides- Superman Tower of Power. It's the biggest drop tower I've ever ridden, and I'm a big drop tower ride girl. It was as fun as I remembered. All the other drop towers always let me down (I will give a slight exception to Tower of Terror because of the whole theming of that ride). He loved it as much as I did. The line was pretty long, so as soon as it was over, he hopped in the single rider line to ride it again. 

We rode some other rides that afternoon. The park was more crowded than we expected, and the lines were long. We realized if we wanted to ride the big roller coasters, we were just going to have to plan on waiting in line a long time. These kids were pretty cute waiting in line. 
We ended up having to wait about 90 minutes and take three bathroom breaks during our time in line- whew, that wore me out. But as soon as the kids hopped off the Texas Giant, they all said it was worth the wait. Thankfully, they got to ride it twice in a row because of rider swap. That sort of made it worth it, I guess. 

We lucked out and the Titan had just reopened when we finished riding Texas Giant, so we ran over and the kids got to ride it three times without a wait. We needed that after the long wait for the Texas Giant. 
Poor Katherine waited in all those lines and didn't even get to ride the roller coaster. As soon as we finished, we took her to the carousel to reward her for her patience. She was adorable on the carousel- one of my favorite memories of the trip. She named her horse- Tealy, yee hawed during the entire ride and gave her horse lots of kisses when the ride was over. She even said, "Bye Tealy, see you next time." Three year olds are just the best. 
We thought we were ready to leave for the night, but then we realized the lines were starting to get shorter, and we decided to stick around and ride some more rides. We were cold and tired, but the kids kept going and going. We finally left about 8:45 (fifteen minutes before closing). 

Katherine loved riding these trucks. As soon as she got off, she said, "I drove really good. We didn't crash!" She rode them multiple times during our visit. 






Tired and happy kids after a fun day. 
Thursday morning we had breakfast at the hotel. The kids found a new favorite cereal, Lucky Charms. They all loved it, and Matt and I laughed when Elisabeth pointed out the "neck pillow" marshmallow. 
The kids got to swim for a little while on Thursday morning before we went back to the park. That was a highlight for them. 

We were back at Six Flags again for more roller coaster fun. The kids rode a couple of rides in the D.C. comics area, and then this Cutie and I had some time together at the kids' area while the big kids rode more rides with Matt.

We waited in line for the kiddie coaster, and Katherine made a new friend in line. They played rock, paper, scissors and showed off gymnastics tricks and Katherine talked her ear off. She's such a little social bug. I love watching her interact with other kids. 
She also loved the coaster. She held her hands up and yelled "wheee" and "here we go" during the whole ride. She makes everything more fun. 




Of course we had to ride the carousel a couple of more times during our trip too. 
We rode some other rides after lunch including another trip on Superman and the kids also loved El Diablo which was a supersized brain drain ride from Frontier City. I'm always impressed at my kids' bravery with amusement park rides. The line for El Diablo was long, so they all decided to do single rider for a shorter wait. It didn't phase Elisabeth a bit to ride on that big ride with strangers. 

Nathan had his heart set on riding the Riddler's Revenge which had  crazy wait, so he and Matt waited for two hours to ride it. While they waited in line, the other kids and I rode some of the smaller rides. Samuel and Elisabeth set off to ride El Diablo while Katherine and I hung out and kept our eye on them. 

She found plenty of ways to stay entertained, ha!




We left the park a little earlier that night. We had ridden everything we really wanted to ride, and everyone was worn out and ready for dinner. They went back and swam at the hotel for a while after dinner. 

Friday morning they were back at the Lucky Charms station for breakfast. 
After breakfast, we packed up and checked out of the hotel. Matt dropped the girls and I off at the American Girl store, while he and the boys headed to the Lego store. The girls and I had some girly fun checking everything out at the American Girl store. 
Katherine bought an ice skating outfit for her doll, and Elisabeth decided to save her money for the knock off American Girl accessories at Target. But they had a ball looking at everything. It was such a fun, special morning for the three of us. 

The boys met back up with us at the mall for lunch. We browsed a few other stores and then decided to hit the road for home. We stopped for an ice cream break on the way home with our tired and happy kiddos. 

 We had a fun trip and were grateful for the time to get away and make some fun memories as a family. We can't wait for our next getaway!

No comments: