The beginning of new year is usually a slow time for our family (and also one of my least favorite times of the year). We have had a pretty slow start to 2021, but there have still been a few fun highlights.
The kids packed up a game to take to play while Katherine was at her gymnastics class. I'm happy that they enjoy playing together so much.
Samuel is playing basketball for the first time this season. He's been enjoying it, and it has been fun to watch him try something new.This isn't exactly fun- but my kitchen has looked like this for a lot of the new year. Matt has been working hard on refinishing our cabinets. The mess drives me a little nutty, but I'm thankful for his hard work and the way he always prioritizes making our house look nice. He's a keeper! And I love how the cabinets are turning out!
I added Kate to our 2021 date schedule and she got the first date of the year. I took her to Cherry Berry and to do a little shopping. We had the best afternoon. Katherine has a way of making everyone feel special. She has a bright, fun personality and always enjoys spending time with people. She's a gift and I was thrilled to spoil her and spend some quality, uninterrupted time with her. She was a fan of Cherry Berry and is already planning her next trip.Then we did a little shopping at Claire's and rode the carousel at the mall.
She named her horse and gave it a kiss when the ride was over. Three Year Olds are the best! I want to bottle her up.
We ended our date with a trip to Barnes and Noble for a new Pinkalicious book and Shimmer and Shine book.
We've tried to continue our fancy dinner nights but they've been a little sporadic. Elisabeth asked to try French food, so we tried a new recipe and had crepes for dessert.
I don't think I'd ever made crepes before, but they turned out pretty well. We'll have to try them again another time.
Katherine asks to play Sleeping Queens multiple times per day and we always do. I never want to forget how obsessed she was with this game when she was three.
She also does a dance/gymnastics show for us almost everyday too. It's another thing I always want to remember about her.
Elisabeth got to spend a special day with Sarah for her birthday. They went to lunch and painted ceramics and then had a play date. These two are the cutest little friends.
We had Makinley and Ainsley over for a play date and the girls dressed up and put on a gymnastics competition for the moms. So cute! The girls all play so well together when they get together.
These little dancers are cute friends too. Katherine gets so excited when she sees Amelia at dance each week.
Elisabeth was on a play date kick during January/Februrary and had one of her best friends from Pre-K over for the afternoon. I know Elisabeth wishes she could see Paige more often- She was spoiled getting to play with her daily last year in Pre-K. They had a fun time playing together.
They were kind enough to let Katherine join in the fun too.
We've been learning about the human body as a part of our homeschool, and the kids got to make edible spines one afternoon. They like the hands on learning activities, particularly when they involve food, ha!
They spent a weekend building a duplo store/amusement park/movie theater/fun land. They called it BFL which stands for Baugher Fun Land. It fills my heart so much whenever they all work/play together on a project. I'm always telling them that it's one of my all time favorite things to see as their mom.
Those four kids make the cold, boring month of January much more bearable.
No comments:
Post a Comment