The kids had picture day at school, and I had to document their cuteness.
Elisabeth was sad at school drop off. I can't remember why- I think maybe she brought the wrong Lovie for naptime.
Our church has an annual first grad Bible presentation, and we were thrilled to attend with our First Grader. He had been so excited and was always asking what day his Bible presentation was.
We had lunch and a short message from our children's pastor, and then each child got called up to receive their Bible.
I love this boy so very much. He's matured and grown up so much in the last few months. He's such an awesome kid.
Our senior pastor is retiring soon, so it was special that he got to give Samuel his Bible before his retirement.
It was a very special day. We're so grateful for our church and the ways it invests in and loves our kiddos.
The kids were out of school for a professional day at the end of September and we decided it would be a great day to take them to the fair. We had a fun day playing and eating.
The kids chose pizza for lunch and we let them each choose a treat.
Elisabeth chose cotton candy for her treat. No surprise- that's always her go to carnival/fair treat.
Nathan wanted to try fried oreos this year. It was everyone's first time trying them. They were pretty good.
After lunch we kept exploring the expo center and letting the kids stop and play whenever they wanted.
Then we headed outside and bought some ride tickets. Fair rides are not my favorite. Matt and I would rather take them to a real amusement park over the fair any day, but we splurged and let them all ride a few rides.
Katherine immediately pointed and asked to ride the horsies.
She also rode Dumbo and cars.
The other kids stayed with Matt and rode some bigger (overpriced rides). It was hot and not my favorite part of the fair, but the kids all said the rides were their favorite. I'm glad they enjoyed them.
Then we had to stop for ice cream which was Daddy and Samuel's treat choice. Yum, yum! It was the perfect treat for the hot afternoon.
We stopped to see the animals on our way out of the fair. Some tiny piglets had been born that morning. They were so cute.
Katherine was a big fan of the petting zoo. She's a very affectionate little girl.
I snapped this cute picture of Samuel during school pick up. He's the coolest first grader. Everyone is having a great school year.
Matt and I had their parent teacher conferences and all got great reports. Here are a few highlights I want to remember.
Samuel is in the highest reading group in his class and his teacher's husband comes in once or twice a week and pulls out his group for extra reading. Samuel is always excited when it's a day he gets to read with Mr. Bailey. His teacher also said that he's doing great at staying focused, paying attention and participating in class discussions- a big improvement from last year!
Nathan's teacher gave us a great report too. She's working to continually push him especially in math and is excited for him to get to start his gifted and talented project soon, and she told us to go ahead and let him read the entire Harry Potter series :)
Elisabeth's teachers shared a lot about her personality and play. They called her a mother hen who is always wanting to help the students and direct their play. They also said she's responsible and independent in the classroom. They said she doesn't like to spend much effort on drawing and coloring and always wants to be in the home living or relational centers and even when she's in the other centers she's playing in a relational way like playing school at the block centers.
I've been very pleased with the kids' teachers this year. They all seem to really love teaching and our kids and are doing their best to cater to their individual needs. Teachers are my heroes! They're awesome!
Our usual evening activity includes a family walk/bike ride to our neighborhood pond. They kids always enjoy riding their bikes around the pond. I got tickled one night when Samuel asked if instead of riding his bike, he could find a nice bench to sit on and read his book. Have I mentioned I think he's the most awesome six year old around?!?
We took the kids to Pumpkin Town on an especially beautiful Fall morning. It was so much fun! We could have stayed all day if we would have been smart enough to pack a picnic lunch.
There were so many fun activities. The kids insisted on doing all of it!
The face painting was a favorite activity. Katherine crawled around meowing after she got her kitty cat face.
They played in the corn for a long time. We had to drag them out of it!
I told Matt that I liked Pumpkin Town more than the fair- and it was way cheaper! It was a fun family morning.
These girls can't wait to play together when Elisabeth gets out of school. She gets out about an hour earlier than the boys, and these girls play so happily during that hour. I think it's their favorite part of the day.
Katherine has been really interested in Frozen lately. She loves Anna, Elsa, and all the songs. Let it Go is a popular song in our house
And we've been watching a little football this Fall. Katherine cheers for the Cowboys all the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment