We had a great day celebrating Samuel's 6th birthday. He's so much fun to celebrate! He's never really demanded the same level of attention as his siblings. He's always been super independent and reserved (most of the time), so I soak up the opportunities where he gets to be the center of attention and try and make it extra special for him.
He attended a roller skating birthday party a couple of months ago, and after that party he had made up his mind on what he wanted for his birthday. I booked the same rink for the weekend before his birthday to celebrate with all his friends.
He asked for birthday pancakes (pancakes with sprinkles and a candle) for breakfast the morning of his party.
He was so excited for his special day. He came downstairs wearing his skates and elbow and knee pads, and his special birthday button.
When we got to the rink, I made the kids pose for a couple of pictures, and then they were off to get their skates on.
In the middle of the party all the kids sang Happy Birthday to him on the rink. He has such fun sweet friends. I felt really blessed that day for him to be surrounded by so many people who care about him- family, family friends, school friends and church friends. I'm so grateful for all those families who celebrated with us.
The kids took a short break from skating for pizza and cake.
Samuel requested a cookie cake for his party, and I had fun making it, and I thought it turned out cute.
I didn't really think about why he chose a cookie cake, and a few days
later, I asked him what made him think of wanting one. He said that
Nathan doesn't really like regular birthday cake, so he chose a cookie
cake, so Nathan could eat it. That's my Samuel. He's the most thoughtful
kid with the most genuine motives.
After pizza and cake, the kids were back out at the rink until the party ended. Samuel was so sweaty when it was over. I think he must have had a great time.
We gave out decorated poke ball cookies as favors to all our friends.
The rink recommended not opening gifts during the party- so the kids could spend more time skating, so as soon as we got home, Samuel was ready to tear into his gifts. He got some great new toys. It was great timing for Spring Break to play with all his new loot.
Goodness, I love that SIX year old boy. He's a treasure to celebrate.
Monday, March 11, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment