January is not one of my favorite months- in fact I think it's my least favorite. After all the busyness and fun of the Christmas season, January arrives and everything stops, and it's cold, and kids are usually sick, and the month drags on forever. I always think that I'll enjoy the lack of activities and get caught up on things at home/enjoy some lazy weekends, and I do, but then it's January 15, and I'm wishing for Spring, ha! We did manage to have a little fun during this cold, dark, boring month though.
Matt took off work on of of the kids' last days of Christmas break and we spent the morning at the Discovery Lab. It's always a fun morning, and the kids burn off a ton of energy.
Elisabeth took a break from ballet in the Fall. I think she got a little burned out last Spring, but a few weeks ago she asked if she could sign up again, so she started at the beginning of the year. She gets to do tap along with ballet, and so far she's loving it. She was super opinionated about her leotards and picked all her new dance gear out all by herself.
And it's fun that she's in the same class as one of her favorite friends.
My mom, Elisabeth and I spent a Sunday afternoon getting pedicures. It was a girly, sweet way to spend the afternoon. I don't think Elisabeth stopped smiling the whole time.
She asked for rainbow toes.
Since it's too cold and dark to play outside in the evenings, the kids have resorted to some inside craziness to pass the time.
We went to a roller skating birthday party this month too. It was Samuel and Elisabeth's first time to skate, and while there was a lot of falling, they all had fun, and Samuel loved it so much, he locked in his birthday party location for his 6th birthday, ha!
Matt and I took turns chasing this wild child around the rink. Big open spaces where she can run and run are her favorite, ha!
Nathan started another season of Almighty basketball this month too. He's having fun playing and cheering on his team.
Miss Cutie requested piggy buns for church one Sunday.
Nathan has been saving his money for months because he wanted to buy the Lego Cinderella Castle set at Disney World. Matt and I had both thought that it wasn't the wisest purchase decision, and Matt was able to steer him toward a motorized Lego train set. He received some Christmas money which gave him enough to buy it, and it has been a great purchase. He plays with it all the time and has brought down a lot of his other Legos to play too.
Samuel has been working really hard at school. He puts 100% into every assignment. And I was especially proud of this snowmen worksheet he completed. His reading is taking off too. He's reading a lot of first grade reading level books with no help. I'm so proud of him.
It wouldn't be January without a little sickness. Both boys have been down this month. Thankfully the sickness has been short lived. Nathan got strep throat and was feeling pretty miserable for a night until the meds kicked in, and the next week, Samuel caught a little virus that I was terrified was a stomach bug- since that was his first symptom, but he ended up just having a low fever and feeling tired for a day. They both bounced back quickly thankfully and kept their germs to themselves.
All four of the kids played superheroes during one of our long days at home. I love them especially when they're all happily playing together.
January, you've been nice, bur we're all ready for a new month around here.
Monday, January 28, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment