Thursday, April 26, 2018
Seven Months Old
Katherine Grace,
You are seven months old! You are at such a fun age. I want to freeze time and keep you at this stage for a few more months. You're such a laid back, sweet, happy baby. Gosh, we all love you so much. We can't look at you without smiling and running to pick you up because you're so sweet and interactive. Seriously, time needs to freeze until we can soak up every ounce of your precious personality at this age.
You smile at almost anything. We just have to look at you and you light up. Your favorite things right now are riding on Daddy's shoulders, playing peek a boo with your siblings, being able to keep Mommy in your view at all times, taking baths with your sister, swinging outside, bubbles, your bouncer, and your bottles.
You started sitting up unassisted right after you turned six months old. You love being able to sit up and see everything. You were never a big fan of lying flat on the floor. We packed away your swing, rock and play, bumbo and baby bathtub this month. I can't believe you've outgrown all of that. You love to play in your car toy and bouncing in your bouncer. Those are your two go to hang outs right now- when you're not in one of our arms.
Since you started sitting up, you get to take baths with your sister, and you no longer hate them. In fact you like baths a lot now! That's a good sign since it's almost summer, and we really need you to like playing in the water.
You are a fantastic sleeper. You're sleeping in your crib now overnight and for all of your naps. You sleep great at night! You usually go to sleep between 7:30 and 8:30 and sleep until 7:00-8:00 in the morning. You've outgrown your swaddle, finally and now you love to sleep on your tummy in a sleep sack with your paci. You're always happy when you wake up. It's one of my favorite things to get you out of bed every morning because you're so happy to see me.
You nap well when we're home. Your naps are usually about two hours when you're in your crib. Unfortunately, you cat nap a lot in your car seat because we're out with your sibling activities, and I almost always have to wake you up from a good nap to go pick up someone. You're still a happy thing even when I have to wake you up. You usually take about three naps per day. One is a long nap (2 hours) and then two shorter naps- 45minutes. It usually works out that you have a short morning nap (falling asleep in your car seat while we are dropping kids off/running errands in the mornings, a long nap after lunch, and then another short cat nap in the evening to hold you over until bed time.
You go down for naps really easily. I rock you when I have time (because I want to), but if I just lay you down, you'll go to sleep fine that way too.
You babble all the time but still don't say anything except Bubba. I'm hoping Momma is coming soon!
You went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and you weighed 15lbs 9.5oz (32%). I don't remember your height but it was the 22%. You're wearing 6 month and 6-9 month clothes and are transitioning to a size 3 diaper.
You're eating baby food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Usually you have oatmeal for breakfast, and a jar of fruit or vegetable for lunch and for dinner. For most of the month you ate five 6oz bottles a day. You're down to four bottles a day now since you're eating more solid food. You've tried lots of different baby food fruits and vegetables, and puffs. Your favorites seem to be sweet potatoes and any kind of mixed fruits, but you've liked everything we've fed you so far.
You poop out of your diaper almost everyday. Daddy and I can't figure out while you can't keep it in your diaper. Needless to say we do a lot of laundry and don't ever plan to feed you prunes, ha!
You're starting to get around, but I think we're still a few weeks away from crawling. You can roll all around a room, and scoot backward on your tummy (or on your back), but you haven't figured out how to get up on your hands and knees just yet. And I'm fine with that. I know life will get a little more complicated when you are fully mobile, but it will be fun too!
We took you to the park and let you swing for the first time this month, and you LOVED it. You smiled and laughed the whole time. It was the cutest thing. You just soak up life and find joy in everything. I hope you never lose that!
You're such a joy, Sweet Girl. It's been a fun month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment