Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Spring Break Recap (the first half)

 We had a fun Spring Break. We went on a little vacation the second half of the week and spent the first half doing some fun things at home.

Levi and Audrey came to play on Friday morning. School keeps us from getting together with them very often, so my kids were looking forward to playing with them.

The boys played Minecraft for awhile and played outside.
 The girls disappeared upstairs and pretended they were going on a trip.






 Granny and Grandaddy came to visit Friday afternoon. The kids spent the afternoon outside playing with their great grandparents.

I didn't take any pictures of their visit or our fun day on Saturday. We met the Shondelmyers at McDonalds for lunch and playtime.

Then we ended planning a spontaneous movie night with them on Saturday night. We had a really fun day!


I asked Monday if there was anything he wanted to do during Spring Break, and he said he wanted to go to Storytime at the library. I took him to Storytime all the time when he was little. It was part of our weekly schedule. Once he started school, we stopped going. It was sentimental to go again. I can't believe how big he is. Those sweet toddler Nathan days were special days.

We checked out and read some books too while we were there.


 Samuel played with moon sand at school before Spring Break and he had been asking to make some, so we stopped at the store on the way home from the library and got the supplies.

He played with it for a long time and made a big mess!
 We also had a big battle Monday afternoon! It's fun to all be together playing (even though there were moments I was ready to send them all back to school, ha!)
 Katherine had fun watching the big kids play.
I put them to work stuffing Easter eggs too.

Tuesday was a pretty low key day at home. I enjoyed our lazy mornings.

 Samuel and Elisabeth always ask to have sleepovers, but I only let them when they don't have school the next day. They were so excited to sleep together Tuesday night.
 We left Wednesday morning for a fun getaway, and that was awesome, but the few days we had at home during break were fun too!


No comments: