I made Troll hair headbands for all the kids to wear during the party. I thought they turned out cute.
We had Poppy cupcakes, Trolls popcorn, rainbow fruit, cheese and crackers and mini corn dogs to snack on.
Elisabeth was a big fan of the Poppy wreath. It's still hanging in our living room, ha!
I made a couple of rainbow banners too.
We were ready to party Saturday morning
The headbands were ready for all our guests
We made simple goodie bags with fruit snacks and Troll suckers. Elisabeth was so happy to hand them out as our guests left.
We invited her favorite friends, and they all had fun playing.
Elisabeth talked and talked about playing "pin the hair on the troll," so that was the first thing we did at the party. She loved it and didn't want to stop playing.
All the kids laughed when they saw where the noses ended up.
Then it was time for cupcakes!
This girl has been so excited about blowing out candles. On her birthday, I put a candle in her breakfast and the boys and I sang to her and she blew it out. It has turned into her favorite game. We've done it almost every day since, ha! After she blew out her candles on her cupcake, she asked to do it again, and she said that was her favorite thing at her party. I don't know if she likes blowing out the candles or just being the center of attention while everyone sings Happy Birthday to her, but she certainly enjoys it.
We ate snacks and visited
And then opened presents. Elisabeth couldn't wait to open her presents.
She flew through it too. I don't think she even paid attention to what she was opening, she just whizzed through to get to the next present. She might have set a record for fastest present opening.
She got so many great toys. We've been playing with them since.
My favorite part of the party was that after all the formal party stuff was finished, the kids just stayed and played. I let the boys go upstairs and escape some of the girliness (Nathan was thankful Levi came, so he had a big boy to play with), and the girls played happily downstairs for a long time and then they ventured upstairs too and played even more.
I liked it because I got a chance to sit and visit with my friends, but also because I know how much Elisabeth enjoys playing with others. She never wants to play alone and always wants friends to come play, so to have so many of her sweet little friends at our house just playing, well I know that made her day.
It was such a fun party. I never get tired of celebrating my kids. They are my treasure for sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment