A few days before Spring Break started, Samuel got to sleep in his birthday present for the first time. We got him a bunk bed for his birthday. He had way outgrown his toddler bed and was so excited to get a bunk bed. Nathan was excited too. They've slept together most nights since we've gotten it.
My priority over Spring Break was to schedule play dates with some of our best friends. So on Monday, we spent the morning with Emma and Grant. We had such a good time with them. We had prepared ourselves that their family was moving out of state and grieved that for a few weeks, but God has been so faithful to their family, and we get to keep them! If Nathan chose a best friend, he would say it is Emma.
Samuel's birthday always falls over Spring Break which I think will be fun as he gets older that we can do fun things on his birthday since he's not in school.
I made birthday pancakes for breakfast.
After breakfast, we headed over to Levi and Audrey's house for our second play date of the week. Leslie is always the sweetest hostess and had a little party set up for Samuel when we got there.
The kids had SO much fun playing together. They played and played and played.
What I thought was really cute was that probably about half the time they were all five playing happily together (instead of splitting up boys and girls like they usually do)
We had lunch,
and then the kids braved the cold, cold weather to spend a few minutes on the trampoline. I never thought it would be too cold to jump on the trampoline during Spring Break, but it was freezing. The kids didn't last long, but they had fun.
It was another really fun morning. I love it that my kids are friends with my friends' kids. I always have as much fun as they do at play dates!
Tuesday night we celebrated Samuel's birthday. I told him he got to pick whatever he wanted for dinner, that I could cook whatever he wanted or we could go to a restaurant. His choice was McDonalds (the one with the play place) :). So that's what we did!
My parents joined us. We ate dinner and then he opened his presents from us and my parents
Then the kids ran around and played in the play place for about an hour. It was a great night celebrating our four year old!
Wednesday morning the boys got busy playing with Samuel's new presents.
We spent the morning playing at home, and then we went out to lunch at Hideaway with some of my friends. The kids were happy to tag along when pizza is on the menu. We also ran to Trader Joe's while we were on that side of town and let the kids pick out some snacks and treats.
Wednesday afternoon the weather finally had started warming up, so we took a walk to the neighborhood pond and let the kids burn off some energy outside. They love playing on the rocks at the pond.
Thursday morning was my last morning of Spring Break with my boy, so we splurged and went out for donuts for breakfast.
The kids left Thursday afternoon to go to Iowa with my parents for the rest of Spring Break. They stopped at a water park in Kansas City, went to the children's museum in Iowa and spent lots of time playing with their favorite cousin.
I missed them, but I also really enjoyed a break. I cleaned my house Thursday, because one of my favorite things about getting a break from the kids is that my house stays clean for more than fifteen minutes at a time. I know I'll miss their mess when they're grown and out of the house, but I did enjoy a break from it for a few days.
I made myself a pretty big to do list to get accomplished while I was kid free, but I also made sure to rest and relax too. I'm coordinating a church wide dinner next week at our church, and I got the table decorations finished, ran a lot of errands, had lunch with a friend, cleaned out all the kids' closets and their rooms, napped, caught up on some tv shows and spent a lot of time with Matt.
On Saturday night we went out on a triple date with some of our great friends.
I was ready to have my babies back by Sunday though! I missed them and all their craziness. Our next break from school is summer, and as much fun as we all had during Spring Break, I know summer will be awesome!

























No comments:
Post a Comment