We had such a fun time celebrating Elisabeth's second birthday. Our girl isn't a big fan of cake, and since her birthday is in the heat of the summer, I thought it would be fun to have a girly ice cream party! Just like all of my kids' parties, I had so much fun planning and preparing for her big day. Second birthdays are fun, because they kind of understand what's going on and like all the attention, but there's still some magic and wonder when it actually happens, like it's more fun than they were even expecting. Such a fun age!
I picked up a few ice cream toys and set out the ones we already had for the kids to play with during the party.
The birthday girl woke up to some fun presents the morning of her party
So, I splurged on her outfit, but she's my only girl and she only turns two once, right? I loved it!
Grammy spoiled everyone with more presents before the party even started.
I kept decorations pretty simple. We had a little ice cream cone photo shoot for her invitations, so I framed a few of my favorites, and my mom made some fun ice cream flower arrangements.
We made some fabric ice cream cones to hang in the kitchen, and called it good.
I served fruit and sausage balls
And I made cake balls decorated as scoops of ice cream.
And the star of the party was the ice cream sundae bar. Elisabeth chose the flavors of ice cream, and Nathan helped me decide on toppings.
For favors, I made homemade hot fudge and caramel sauce and we had ice cream bubbles for the kids.
We had all our sweet friends and family at the party. I usually just have a standard guest list and tweak it a bit for each party (with the exception of Nathan's Star Wars party)
Elisabeth had such a fun time at her party, which is always my goal. She was so excited about all the people coming to celebrate with her.
She picked out everything she wanted on her sundae- pink ice cream, sprinkles, m&ms and whipped cream, and we sang Happy Birthday to her.
It was my favorite part of the party. Her expression was priceless. I really don't know if I've seen a bigger smile from her.
Everyone else made sundaes and ate while the birthday girl opened her presents.
She got baby dolls and accessories, tea sets, books, purses and jewelry. I still always get excited about new girly toys in our house
Post party sugar crash.
I asked her if she had fun at her party, and she said, "Yes! I want to do it again!" She's repeated that almost every time we talk about her party. And she talks a lot about blowing out her candle and eating ice cream. She really liked the candle blowing! Ha! I guess she had a good time. She is such a precious girl, and it's a joy to celebrate how special she is to us!
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment