Saturday, January 9, 2016

17 Months Old

Elisabeth Kae, You are seventeen months old! Whenever I think about your age right now, I always think about how this is the age your brother was when you were born. And you seem so little to what I remember about Samuel. I think becoming a big brother turned him into such a big boy. You are welcome to stay a baby forever, Sweetheart!


We had a great month celebrating Christmas with you, but we were so sad that you got sick on Christmas morning. You definitely don't handle being sick very well, but thankfully you have been healthy since Christmas.
You are talking more and more. You are saying new words daily. Some new words you're saying this month are "milk" "baby" "trash" "mask" (When you want to watch PJ Masks- Thank you Nathan and Samuel), and "horse." You also learned "Me, my, and mine" this month. Oh dear. I hear "No! Mine!" way too often now. And you are even putting words together. You told me the other day, "More baa (bottle) mik (milk)" And you babble all the time that is completely random and we can't understand a word. I'm thinking it's a girl thing, because I don't remember your brothers doing that ever. Other people couldn't understand what they were saying, but I always could. I think you just like to talk. You're so animated and expressive too when you babble, like you are telling us something really important.
You are wearing 18 month and 18-24 month clothes. I've noticed that your 18 month clothes are fitting a little short these days.
You are learning animal sounds. You say, "Woof woof," "Meow," "Moo," "Quack Quack," and "Ribbit"
You are starting to spoon feed yourself and able to stay halfway neat. That has been so helpful for breakfast, especially. Now you eat yogurt for breakfast every morning. You usually also have some dry cereal or a banana too. You want to eat lots of things with a spoon now too including goldfish and yogurt melts. Your favorite foods are still protein and dairy. You're not a huge fan of any fruits or vegetables or carbohydrates, really (unless it's a snack). You are opinionated for sure, and you love to get your own snacks.


You got lots of new toys for Christmas, especially girly toys, and all of the sudden you are really into baby dolls, and I LOVE it!!! You will not let go of your Baby Margaret. She goes everywhere with us, and you snuggle with her for every nap and every bedtime. You want to feed her bottles and tea from your tea set, we brush her teeth, and you put her night night. I also have to fix her blanket all the time. You'll yell, "Uh oh" and hand her to me to fix it.
You also still love books. You like to play with your Klip Klop horses and stable (I can tell you have brothers because you use one horse to knock another one off the stable). You also like to play kitchen and with your new tea set. You make sound effects when you're pouring tea. It's adorable.

You are starting to like to watch TV. Your favorite shows are Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and Paw Patrol.
 You are a doll and at a really fun age. You are starting to like jewelry and always ask for a bow in your hair. You are my dream come true and a precious gift to our family!




No comments: