I ordered a set of Resurrection Eggs this year since I thought Nathan was old enough to understand the Easter Story. He loved them! Samuel liked opening the eggs too but is too young to really understand. I loved Nathan's reaction when he opened the last egg and it was empty. He was so surprised and it opened up a really good discussion about the surprise of the women at the tomb when they saw Jesus had been raised from the dead. I'm looking forward to pulling these out every year. I read the story and opened the eggs with him earlier in the week, and then Nathan wanted to take them to Grammy's house and she and Papa Joe both did it with the boys and then on Saturday Matt read it to them again. It's a special thing (and a humbling responsibility) to teach my children the Gospel.
We also made Resurrection rolls on Saturday too. The boys loved it!
After they went to bed Saturday night, I set a few things out for Easter morning. I went MAJOR low-key on Easter baskets this year. I knew my mom was going overboard, so I let her do the spoiling and just got the boys one toy and a treat. Poor Elisabeth didn't even get anything from Mommy and Daddy this year. But the boys loved their simple baskets. Nathan has told me multiple times how much he loves his new train. Sometimes simple is best.
Matt was deacon of the week on Easter Sunday, so he left the house at 7:15 that morning, and I was responsible for getting the kids up, dressed, and fed and out the door by myself. It was a whirlwind morning, but we made it, and even managed to bake cinnamon rolls for breakfast for a little Easter treat.
Matt thought I was crazy when I told him the boys were wearing green pants for Easter, but I thought they looked darling! Cutest boys in the world.
And I can't tell you how many years I've been swooning over Little Girls' Easter dresses. I just couldn't stop smiling on Sunday to have a baby girl to get dolled up for Easter. Boys are fun and I've enjoyed shopping and dressing my boys up for Easter every year since Nathan was born, but girls are a whole other story!!! I told Elisabeth I'd buy her an Easter dress every year until she is at least 25.
The kids and I went to the early service at our church (Matt had to stay for both services), and then headed over to my parents' house to celebrate with them. It ended up being a pretty crazy day with Matt getting out of church late and Barry having to leave early in the afternoon to help with a drama at his church, so we just ended up ordering pizza for lunch. It was simple but special.
As soon as Matt walked in the door after he finished at church, the boys were begging to see their Easter baskets from Grammy and Papa Joe.
They got lots of fun new books and toys. So fun! And sweet Elisabeth didn't get left out. She got some adorable Vera Bradley outfits and goodies.
It was rainy all afternoon, so instead of hunting eggs outside, we stayed indoors and hid eggs around the house.
The boys hunted for awhile and then wanted to get back to their toys. We stayed and napped and relaxed for most of the afternoon. That evening we went to a drama performance at my parents' church that Barry was helping with. It was a great performance and a special way to end Easter Sunday.






No comments:
Post a Comment