Friday, December 20, 2013

Tis the Season


We have been having a great December, making memories and enjoying all the fun the Christmas season has to offer!

The weekend of the Thanksgiving we put our tree up. Nathan was so excited to put the ornaments on the tree. He was asking all weekend when it was time.


 This is what happens when a 2 year old helps decorate the tree. (I love it that way!) I know I'll be sad twenty years from now when our kids are grown and all the ornaments look perfect on the tree.


We also pulled out our Little People Nativity. Samuel likes to chew on all the pieces. Nathan plays with it some. He told me that we needed to go to Wal Mart and get batteries for Baby Jesus. I still laugh about that comment sometimes.
 And we have FOUR stockings on our mantle this year. So very blessed!

We've been doing a few other fun things as well.

I saw the idea on Pinterest to wrap 25 Christmas books and use them as a sort of advent. Nathan gets to open one each night before bed, and we read it. I checked all ours out from the library, so it was much more affordable than buying new books. Nathan really enjoys getting to open a present every night. He asks every day when it will be time to open one. He doesn't understand the Christmas theme with the books and usually asks to open a Thomas book. I ended up checking out a few non-Christmas books I knew he'd love. This is definitely a tradition we'll continue in the years to come.

We've also enjoyed looking at Christmas lights. It's magical for Little Ones. We've been to Rhema once, and surprisingly Nathan wasn't too impressed. He enjoyed the train made out of lights, but he has seemed more interested in driving around and looking at the lights. We've done that a couple of times. He is always on the look out for Frosty. He watched Frosty the Snowman at my parents' house, and is obsessed with him this year. There is also a house in our neighborhood with a train made out of Christmas lights, and we drive by it daily.

Nathan's been learning and singing a few Christmas songs. He knows We Wish You a Merry Christmas (That one line anyway) and Jingle Bells. It's so cute to hear him singing.

Of course we baked Christmas goodies to give to family and friends. I look forward to that every year.


Nathan had a fun little Christmas party at his school. They had yummy treats and a book exchange.


School parties were always a big deal to me when I was little, so it was fun to watch Nathan experiencing the fun.


He said the cupcake was his favorite part!
We have lots more fun ahead of us in the next few days!

No comments: