Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Southern France and Western Oklahoma

Matt spent all last week in Toulouse, France for a training conference. The trip came totally out of the blue. It's funny that we had been preparing ourselves for Matt to have to spend an extended amount of time in China, which thankfully never panned out, and then with just a few days notice, he was on a plane to France. He was gone for eight days attending an Airbus conference and unlike most of his work travel, actually had some spare time to do a little sight seeing.


He visited Carcassone, a walled city built in the 15th century complete with a castle and a cathedral. He showed me about 300 pictures of his time at Carcassone. He really enjoyed getting to see and learn about it.


He also explored the city of Toulouse in the evenings, ate some good food, and put his feet in the Mediterranean sea.



He told me it was the best trip he's gone on for work, partly because of the cool places he visited and partly because he had a mostly normal work week instead of the 80 plus hour weeks he usually puts in while he is traveling for work. 

While Daddy was away, Nathan and I decided we needed to play! 

I had been planning to attend a women's conference at our church for months, and when I found out Matt would be gone that weekend, I was worried I'd have to miss it since my babysitter would be in France. Thankfully, my mom came to the rescue and watched Nathan for me on Friday night and all day Saturday so I could attend. I'm so thankful I could go. It was a wonderful conference. Our speaker was extraordinary. Here is a news clip about the conference:



On Monday, Nathan and I headed West. We stopped in OKC and spent a few hours with Mindy and Carter. We played at the park and enjoyed lunch together. Erica joined us too. It was great to catch up with Mindy. We miss them since they moved last summer. We're hoping to all get together again soon.
After lunch, Nathan and I continued West and spent the next few days in Weatherford visiting family. It was a fun few days playing and being spoiled. We got to spend quality time with Matt's parents, Granny and Grandaddy and Momoo. Nathan had lots of fun playing with Uncle Jeremy's popcorn popper. He mostly just carried it around with him. He does the same thing with his popper at home. He'll push it sometimes, but usually just walks around carrying it.
We went to the splash pad in Weatherford a couple of times
And visited Grandaddy while he was harvesting wheat. Nathan got to see Grandaddy driving the combine. He was a little unsure of the big machine. We'll have to come back next summer during harvest so Nathan can take a ride in the combine.

Once he figured out there were rocks in the front yard, we couldn't keep him out of them. Granny even let him carry them into her house.
He took lots of wagon rides in the backyard and picked apples with Grandaddy.
We had a really great time visiting everyone in Weatherford and were sad to leave. The days went by fast which kept us from missing Daddy too much.
 Nathan made sure to let his daddy know though that the next time he packs for a trip, he is coming along :).

No comments: