Saturday, February 12, 2011

Snow Days

Well, it's almost the middle of February, and the last day Tulsa had school was January 31. With the big thaw this weekend, it's pretty much guaranteed that we'll start back on Monday, but I've had a long vacation away from work. This last week during the days when the roads were mostly clear, I was able to get out and do a little work. I saw a few clients, had supervision and helped with some paperwork at Youth Services, but I've still had lots and lots of downtime. I've gone back and forth enjoying relaxing at home and being really bored.

Matt took a quick 3 day trip to Florida in the middle of the snow (It was supposed to be five days, but thanks to the blizzard his flights were canceled which delayed his departure. That was one of the good things about the blizzard). Those days weren't my favorite especially since we got another good amount of snow the day after he left when I had plans to get out of the house and have lunch with a friend. Those plans got canceled, and it was just me and Rhapsody alone in our house all day. That day was the hardest.

The first two snow days, the roads were so terrible that Matt stayed home from work which was really nice. We didn't do much at all but relax and enjoy the down time together especially since we knew he would be heading to Florida as soon as the airport reopened. While he was gone, I was able to clean the house and get a few closets cleaned out. I also spent time with my parents during the weekend he was gone. My mom and I went on what was hopefully my last maternity clothes shopping trip and I spent Saturday afternoon and evening with them. Matt made it home Sunday afternoon. We ate lunch at our favorite restaurant, hit up Walmart for a few things, and went to a Superbowl party that evening.

This last week, we got more snow on Wednesday, but other than Wednesday, the roads were mostly okay. Matt made it to work everyday last week, and I worked for all or part of the day on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I also had time to go in for my glucose test (fun, fun), spent an afternoon with a good friend, went to childbirth class, deep cleaned our shower (my least favorite chore), had friends over for dinner, watched some movies, read a couple of good books, and slept late. During the days off, I watched way too much local news, probably more in the last two weeks than since the entire time we've lived in Broken Arrow. One of the things that was nice bout the break was feeling caught up. I had plenty of time to clean, straighten, and stay caught up on all the housework and errands. Everything was finished by the time Matt made it home in the evenings, so we were able to enjoy stress free evenings without a huge to do list hanging over our heads.

Now, I 'm refreshed and ready to get back to work full time and get back into a routine. Most of our evening activities have been canceled too for the last couple of weeks, so it will be nice to have a little busier schedule again.

No comments: