We're coming to the end of the weekend, and this one was a great one. Matt and I were talking today and we both commented on the fun we had this weekend. The highlight of our weekend was watching OSU beat Tulsa! For the first time in seven years, we didn't buy season football tickets. There were several reasons we decided to opt out this year, and although I think we made the right decision (or I guess I should say Matt made the best decision. If it was up to me, we would have bought them.), something just seems a little off this year, not spending most of our Saturdays in September at OSU's football stadium. We're glad we got to make it to at least one game this year, and I think we picked a good one. It was full of great plays and exciting moments, and since it wasn't televised we would have missed all but one or two of the big plays that made the sports highlights. During that game, OSU broke the record for total offensive yards that was previously held back when Barry Sanders was playing for OSU. We saw great catches, big runs, and huge interceptions. I won't say we totally got our money's worth, because we literally paid an arm and a leg for the tickets, but I'm still glad we went.

Our house was full of orange on Saturday!
Barry decided he wanted to go to the game with us, and our friends Matt and Erica also had tickets, so we all rode down to Stillwater together Saturday afternoon.

Being in Boone Pickens Stadium at the start of an OSU game is always a great experience. The air is thick with excitement and anticipation (and because it's the Pokes, usually a bit of anxiety too).


Our seats were almost at the top of stadium, but we had a great view of the field.



Final score!
There's a rematch next September in Tulsa, and we're hoping to get to go.
We did do more over the weekend than just bleed orange though. My parents came in on Friday night. Jason and Andrea came over too, and we visited and played Settlers. Saturday morning we went out to breakfast and then ran some errands. We came back home and played more Settlers and watched a little football until it was time to head to Stillwater. We always have a great time when my parents come to visit.
The only downer to the weekend was that Matt headed back to Florida tonight. Hopefully, he'll only be gone for one week. I'm praying the really long trips are behind us now. Life is SO much better when he's home. We're staying positive though and counting our blessings tonight.
1 comment:
Sounds like a good weekend! We're so jealous that you live close enough to do that!
Post a Comment